Thursday, June 7, 2012

young love, forever love

So its like, official y'all. Miley Cyrus is engaged. And I'm officially going to vomit.

Don't get me wrong, Liam Hemsworth is an absolute hottie...and I will admit, Miley's rigorous yoga work outs are really paying off....but really? REALLY?  She is only 19 years old. When I was 19 my biggest requirements in a guy was A) if he lived in south beach and B) if he could take me to nice dinners when all my other friends had too much homework to do. (wait...do those rules still apply?)

Call me crazy, but I thought marriage was supposed to be considered a union. Two people come together, complement eachothers differences and strengths, and make it work based on their commitment and love for eachother. I'm 26 years old, and even though I swore I would be married by now....the expectation came from a little girl who knew nothing about accomplishing personal goals, and who lived life vicariously through barbie dolls and silly Disney movies. Things change, obviously....but I will say this, I always knew I would be able to legally drink at my wedding. 

Ok so despite my mockery...maybe I'm not the best person to judge. What do I really know about people and when they are ready to take the plunge? And it does kinda make sense why celebrities do so at ridiculous ages. Miley Cyrus is a 19 year old billionaire with nothing to do but spend money, lip sync obnoxious songs, and take on corny movie roles (although I really do love The Last Song)....I mean technically--she's pretty accomplished. The only problem is that developmentally she probably has the mental capacity of my pomeranian.


Miley, I do wish you the best. Young love is such a wonderful feeling, especially when it leads to marriage. Finding that person you want to really spend the REST OF YOUR LIFE with is almost as important as finding the right stylist for the MTV movie awards, or the right make up artist to cover up your adolescent acne for the next issue of Seventeen Magazine. From the bottom of my heart, I hope your marriage lasts forever. And if it doesn't, I really do hope you get to keep your 3.5 carrot Neil Lane sparkler.

I guess we should all listen to Leslie. She's just being Miley.

In case you care, here is a list of some young celebrity marriages. It blows my mind how they are no longer together...oh, well, except for Hillary Duff. But she just had a baby, so that buys her at least another 2.5 years.

Macaulay Culkin...and whoever that weird looking girl is

Kate Hudson and the Black Crows guy

This one kills me. 

Avril Lavigne and her skater boi

Hillary Duff and Mike Comrie





As if! I'm only 16...and this is California, not Kentucky

No comments:

Post a Comment