Friday, May 4, 2012

Fifty Shades of Obsession


Now I know that everybody and their mothers (mine included) are reading the Fifty Shades of Grey series. It has become an over night phenomenon, and has literally gained its momentum by simple word of mouth. Since I normally fall into the trap of popular reads, it wasn't too hard for me to hail ass to Barnes and Nobles.

I am not going to give any spoilers away to those who haven't embarked on this delicious trilogy, but I will just state the obvious. Christian Grey, the 28-year-old billionaire control freak mogul, who is just as handsome as he is completely effed up...has stolen my heart, and I (along with every other female in America) would like to spend my the rest of my life with him. Since he only finds brunettes attractive...I am pretty much half-way there. Oh thats right, he's fictional.

Even so, for the last week, I truly feel I have gotten to know him, and despite his serious flaws....I have grown to really empathize with this tortured (but EXTREMELY erotic) young man.  He truly is one-of-a-kind, and I'm not just saying that because he has a handful of private planes, or owns property all over the world. Yes, those things are absolutely amazing, and of course I'll accept the Audi A8 he will choose to buy me for my birthday....but to really understand what I'm saying here...you must find out for yourself.

 I know it's only a matter of time before this film blows up in Hollywood...and since I really can't wait that long....I've decided to draw up a few candidates that might be a relevant fit based on the way at least, I perceived him to be.


Here are some ideas for a hypothetical Christian Grey.

Wentworth Miller. If anyone was a serious Prison Break fan...you can agree with me that nobody plays sexy and mysterious quite like WM. Even his voice gives me goosebumps. 
Hayden Christensen. He hasn't been in much lately, and I miss him.  He def knows how to play that brooding and damaged guy...and I can't help but love his baby face!!

Henry Cavill. I don't know too much about him, because I never watched the Tudors..but there is def something about him that might have what it takes to play Mr. Grey.
Matt Bomer. He's in that show, I don't even know...because nobody watches it....but whenever I see commercials I literally am in love with how beautiful this man is. 

Ian Somerhalder. Ok, so he's been very vocal about wanting the role..and part of me does see it. The other part can't decide if his features are creepy, or downright stunning. 
 These prospects are very out there....but I really do believe whoever plays him should not be a huge Hollywood movie star. Believe me, I love Ryan Gosling just as much as the next girl...and Rob Patterson is beautiful...but Mr. Grey really needs to be played by someone who isn't really notorious for a certain movie role. If Christian Bale were 10 years younger, and wasn't as famous...he would be absoultely ideal. Plus, after watching him in American Psycho, we know he is multifaceted in his craft.

Ultimately, it will be interesting to see who actually lands this role...and I'm sure whoever does, will become my newest obsession...but for right now, I'm stuck with my imagination and personal candidates of who I think has what it takes to embody the beautiful, Fifty.



"Christian.  Doll face."

No comments:

Post a Comment