Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pity Party...Table for One


There is nothing I can't stand more than the girl who is always "the victim." If you aren't aware who this girl is, you were probably in the high school band, and are better off anyway.

These awesome creatures are those that believe no matter WHAT, they are the ones wronged by others. They lack the capacity to take responsibility for anything, or see things for what they really are. Now unless you live your life solely in a relationship with yourself, and I'm pretty sure the only people that have the honor to do so are locked up in solitary confinement....you can't ignore the fact that other people bring their own sides to a story. That even if it appears that person is to blame, perhaps you had something to do with it (gasp!). The world isn't one sided. I know. I was shocked. 

This insight I share with you has not always been there for me. In fact, it pretty much lay dormant for the greater part of my life. Yes, I was that girl who was always in some type of fight with just about anyone. No matter what, someone always managed to make me upset or pissed off. WHY ME??!?  If it wasn't something one did this day, it was something one did to me the next. I was blind-sighted by the fact that my pride meant more to me than fixing any problem that could have been avoided if I wasn't such a little bitch in the first place. 

OK, my point is..being a thirteen-year-old victim is a lot different then being one as an adult. Now, I would do just about anything to avoid fighting with my friends, or blame others for things that might have happened because of my tendency to be at times absent-minded. I'm no pushover---I just don't enjoy wasting my energy on things that will get me absolutely nowhere in life. (of course, we are allowed our moments...)

People don't respond and act a certain way toward others without reason. Unless the whole world really is out to get you, feeling like the victim is nothing more than a choice.



"some teachers are trying to low-ball me, daddy.

1 comment: