Monday, December 24, 2012

tis this season


Tis the season to be jolly....fa la la la la...I don't care. 

Sorry.

Not to sound like the offspring of the grinch..but holidays are kinda, sorta, seriously, overrated. Maybe it's because I'm Jewish. And I never got that Christmas tree all of us little Jews wanted as children (I still want one!). Or maybe it is because every time I sat on Santa's lap at Northbrook Court, I told him I was Jewish, and he looked at me funny. Or maybe it's the mere fact that Christmas music (played EVERYWHERE) makes me want to thank Michael Bolton for becoming a musician.

Whatever the case may be, I think the holiday "spirit" has great intentions, but thats about it.


Gifts.
I, for one, get really uncomfortable when I open up gifts without knowing what is inside. Yeah, I know...where's the fun in that? Well, maybe I'm no fun...but I feel sorry for those who spend money on things I will never use. As a child,  I made a list spelling out EXACTLY what I wanted....I mean you can imagine how traumatizing it would be to get the wrong American Girl outfit for Molly....(duh....we all know Samantha could never pull of stripped pajamas....) Ridiculous? Maybe. But unlike other mothers who went frantically up and down the aisles at Toys R Us....I'd say she got a pretty sweet deal.


Food.
Ok, I love food. And hate it too.  After  Thanksgiving, when I already owe the Precor an extra 30 minutes, the thought of sipping Egg Nog is basically me begging my ass to get bigger.  (and wtf is egg nog? i like my eggs scrambled, not put in a coffee mug.) Anytime you put a bunch of family members together, there is always some type of drama that comes along with it. This uncomfortable feeling then results in overeating.  Sure, I'd love to talk to my aunt about how I forgot to send her a birthday card this past year...but not without a piece of fattening apple pie in my lap. Do you see what I mean? It's a prob.

Returns.
Again, don't mean to be a debbie. But returns....are a bitch. Let's face it. Everyone makes returns, because nobody really likes the gifts they get. With that being said, if you don't attach a gift receipt, you're evil....and deserve the kind of guy who buys you jewelry from Jareds. Retailers are smart. They keep a time limit on these "returns" and after that, you are stuck with the wrong size curling iron that Shirley Temple wants back from the 1920's. Think quick, return quick, because guess what? You are stuck with that gift until it becomes a re-gift...and that is just pathetic.


Happy Holidays!!!! 






"you see how picky i am about my shoes, and they only go on my feet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment